Re: Linuxmusicface=2

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, phillip Neumann wrote:

> >Linux isn't the "crap", you should be refering to the lack of
> >applications that exist.  If you need one so bad you should start a
> >project to create one, join debian-devel., learn C, etc... That's how
> >the Linux/GNU thing works, everyone pitches in.  If you don't like it
> >improve it!
> >
> >Mark Panzer
>

> Hi,
>
> Well, your right. The Linux isnot crap. But for people that only use
> computer only for music, they dont see any app for music and so , for
> them, linux is crap.
> Fortunatly im not not one of these. And this situation is good for me. I
> can `kill 2 bird on one shot': i can learn programing without going away
> from my hobby...

With a little searching, you can find several versatile sound/music
packages (see URLs sent by people yesterday) - if you find one of those
that does almost what you want, then it's probably more productive to use
the source for that as a basis rather than starting from scratch.

Yours,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo