New Debian user needs help: Problems about partitioning, booting from harddisk, etc.

I've just downloaded and installed Debian, the following problems were encountered:

1. My PC have 2 harddisks and 1 CD-ROM:
   Primary IDE Master: 		4.3G (hda), LBA MODE
   Primary IDE Slave:   		NONE
   Secondary IDE Master:	SONY CD-ROM(CDU611)
   Secondary IDE Slave:	  	2.1G (hdd), LBA MODE

I installed Windows95 osr2 on hda first and then installed Debian on hdd from drive c. The installation of Debian seemed to be successful(except before LILO was installed, it's said that Debian would try to boot from my secondary harddisk but perhaps my CMOS doesn't support it), but after reboot Debian failed to boot from hdd. And I noticed that the size of my secondary harddisk(2.1G) in CMOS Setup Menu had been set to 528MB. How to explain this and how can Debian boot from my secondary harddisk? Should I set the harddisk mode from LBA to NORMAL before installing Debian?

2. What's the difference between primary partition and logical partition in Linux?  Which should I select when I partition my harddisk for Debian?

A lot of thanks!!