Audio Stufffff

Hi,

I had problems with putting AWE32 support in my kernel. AWE32 is a patch
for it, and as one, it needed (to work the patch script)to be installed
the patch package. It was not installed in my system, until i realized.
Now it's all ok. (Maybe this could be in the AWEHowto...)

Well now i begin to understand somthing about sound-cards. When i was a
windows95 (jeeiik...) user i didnt know anything about this. So when i
bought my soundcard i didnt look at the memory it brings. How can i know
how much memory do i (my soundcard) have?? When initializing the
soundcard linux said: ``AWE32-0.4.2c (RAM512k)'' How can i make sure
thats the ram?? In the documentation there is an example that said
``AWE Sound driver v.0.3.3e (DRAM 2048k)''.
I guess it `normal' to have 2048k DRam, but linux said i only have 512k
ram...:-(  (My sound card: AWE64)

This memory is where soundbanks are loaded isnit? So an interesting
software would be, one that could create or edit soundbanks
(soundfonts?) for later putting into the memory and play some midis on
it... I know there is somthing called `Vienna' (for win95) that do this.
Is there an equivalent for linux??

I've donwload slab.But it dont work, because it look for tk in the wrong
place. Who can help me, so i can use this interesting software?? Im not
a programer, so i dont understand much about modify sources to look tk
for other directories...

So finally im looking for software that can do 'electonic battery'
(sorry for me english, forgot the right word). Are there some
recomendations ??

Thanks, Phillip Neumann
filsin@bigfoot.com