Re: New to Debian; emacs20 broken after fresh install of Hamm.

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Thomas Adams wrote:

> Are you writing about Debian 2? The "task profiles" is probably what can be
> seen while installing a SUSE Linux, but I haven't seen a profile selection
> option while installing Debian 2. How come?

No, the task profiles are there, I suffered through them the other day.
Took me nearly two days to get stuff installed (selected too much).
Emacs20 never did install and since nobody around here has ever used
emacs, we blew it off of the system.

If there is one thing I wish, it is that Emacs NOT be selected by default.
It is huge and if you are not already familliar with Debian enough to know
to unselect it, it can triple the time required to install your system.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!