dual boot hardware problem

I have a system I wish to set up for dual boot with WinNT and Debian.  I
have gotten the mini How-To for setting up the NT boot loader to access
the Debian system, and have installed on the second partition of what I
thought was my boot disk.  But Debian thinks its on the second disk.

I have a Micron PCI system with the IDE disabled, an Adpatec aha-2740
PCI (BIOS enabled) and a BusLogic FlashPoint (BIOS also enabled).  I am
using the BIOS to map the SCSI ID 0 drive on the adaptec to drive C for
booting and the BIOS on the flashpoint to both map the second SCSI disk
as drive D and to enable SCSI CD-ROM booting.  Windows NT was installed
first and it and the system see the Adaptec as the first controller and
its drive as the boot drive.

But Debian sees the BusLogic card first and the Adaptec second and so
reverses the "boot order".  I have searched under the general topic of
dual boot in the mail list archives but have not seen anything
referencing this type of problem.

I had tried, as an experiment, to set the Debian/Linux partition active,
but on boot lilo only managed to print "LI" and then hung.  I am
planning on going ahead with the NT loader setup but am concerned that
it might not work, based on this boot hang.

Any thoughts or theories that might help would be appreciated.

---
Bob McGowan
i'm:  bob dot mcgowan at artecon dot com