Re: more intellimouse

On 13 Aug 98 22:34:45 GMT, rsevenic@blinn.sirti.org wrote:

>The mouse works OK outside of X, started via
>	gpm -m /dev/psaux -t ps2
>gpmconfig actually wants 'ms3' according to its help option, rather than ps2
>but won't accept ms3 (maybe linux chokes on any 'ms' concatenation :)  ).
>
>Still wanting hints to get this thing X happy.

With the same setup, I have "-2 -R" appended to the gpm line.  '-2'
because it doesn't seem to work with three buttonw, and '-R' to pipe
the mouse into /dev/gpmdata for use by the X server.

The mouse section in XF86Config needs to point to /dev/gpmdata with
"MouseSystems" as the mouse type, and Emulate3Buttons on due to the
funny 2-button thing.  GPMs man-page describes this in more detail.

If you use "imps/2" as the XF86Config mouse type instead then it
should work fine, but the mouse will go crazy once you leave X, even
if you'd killed the gpm server beforehand.

If anyone can do any better than this...

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."