Re: Burning Debian CDs with Windows/NT software

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:57:25 +0300, you scribbled:

>Hello again,
>
>This is the second time I am posting this message, since I find it
>really hard to believe that no one in this list was able to suggest a
>solution. I will be really thankful if someone can help me with this
>question:
>
>I downloaded the Debian CD images, and unsuccessfully tried to write
>them to CDs using the following applications:
>
>        HP SureStore cd writer software
>        Adaptec EZ CD-Writer
>
>Although I changed the .raw extensions to .iso, the software listed
>above did not recognize them as ISO9660 CD images and attempted to
>just copy the file to the CD, which is of course useless.
>
>The MD5 checksums of the files are correct.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Arifi Koseoglu
>arifi@turk.net

Arifi, we can burn them at our work (we have a Australian Debian Mirror) on a
Windows 95 box running a program called CDRWin v3.3E, on a Matshita CD-R
(SCSI) using the "Record an IS9660 Image File" Option, files as *.raw.

Works like a charm.

Cheers,
 Corey Popelier
 Technical Support Officer