Clarification of Dselect & script question

> Subject: Dselect & script
>
> Recently I read somewhere (possibly on this list) that there is a way
> to capture what was done during dselect using something like
> /.../script but they did not go into much detail.  Could someone
> explain to me how to do this?

I posed this question the other day but haven't gotten a response that
explains how to do this.  I found where  I read this.  It's in the
Dselect Beginners document.  Here's a qoute:

"The screen scrolls past fairly quickly on a new machine. You can
stop/start it with ^S/^Q and at the end of the run you will get a list
of any uninstalled packages. If you want to keep a
record of everything that happens use normal Unix features like tee or
script."

I would use man to read the documention but I can't seem to get it
working with the base installation.  Can anyone explain exactly how to
do this.  I'm very new to Linux and totally green with Unix.

My thanks to those who replied to the earlier message. :-)

Cristov Russell
cristov@earthling.net