Re: warnings running man?

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 11:02:17AM -0500, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> > mandb: can't open /usr/man/man1/gnuserv.1: No such file or directory
> > mandb: warning: /usr/man/man1/gnuclient.xemacs20.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF
> > `.so' request

other errors/text deleted

> 	I have been getting these same errors for quite some time.  It involves
> symlinks to and from the /etc/alternatives dir.  I've never been quite
> sure what the problem is, so I don't know which package is at fault for
> this, but something needs a bug report filed against it for this.
>
> --
> Ed C.

It looks like the BTS alread has about 8 bugs reported against xemacs
for this problem. Does anyone know of a way to fix it in the filesystem
or are we waiting for a new version of man or ...?

I got rid of the gnudoit.xemacs.1.gz file (which contained the .so
command) and made it a link to gnuserv.xemacs.1.gz. Now the man page for
gnudoit works. Will this screw up my system when a fixed debian package
is released?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com