Re: FIXED -- SMC Ethernet Problem

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, George Bonser wrote:

 : >
 : > When it resets, I can see the link light die on the hub and come back. I
 : > have replaced cables, and tried a different port on the hub.
 : >
 : > Has anyone else had this problem with this card?
 :
 : I do not know why, the card just wanted to be in a different PCI slot.

I missed your first message, but by any chance is there also a PCI SCSI
adaptor in the system?  I've seen DEC chipset (Netgear FA310TX) cards
which wouldn't work with an Adaptec card (2940) unless the Adaptec card
was installed first.  I thought it was a problem with the Adaptec card,
but who knows?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD