samba problems

I've been running sambades on a bo box which I upgraded to hamm this evening.
The box provides file & printing services to two Win95 boxes and an NT box,
hence the need for encryption.

On hamm, I created the smbpasswd file with mksmbpasswd and set passwords
for the users. Previously I had no "security =" set, which defaults to
share-level, I believe. The 95 boxes would remember their passwords
and reconnect shares without prompting (desirable), while the NT box
would need to be reminded once on login then would get everything else
ok (acceptable).

Now with samba in hamm, NT requires the password re-entered for every
share, and actually doesn't bother to prompt me when trying to use
the printer, and just says it can't print. So I changed
to "security = user", which makes NT happy as punch (never checks
my password with me now, because it is the same as my NT login password).

However, now 95 users have to supply their network password once,
which is undesirable. Once entered it seems happy enough, but I would
prefer that those users didn't have to enter a password.

Any suggestions for a solution?

thanks,
hamish