Making XDM use *my* window manager

Hi,

This is most probably a frequently asked question.  I poked around the
Debian documentation and am unable to find the information (probably
because I looked at the wrong place).  How do I make xdm start a
preferred window manager on a per-user basis?  I want to leave the
system-wide default preferred window manager (in
/etc/X11/window-managers) to be Fvwm95.  I personally want to use Fvwm2
with Gnome.  I already have the appropriate stuff in my .xinitrc for
launching Gnome and Fvwm2 via startx.

% cat ~/.xinitrc
background-properties --init &
keyboard-properties --init &
mouse-properties --init &
panel &
xset +fp beetle:7100/
exec /usr/bin/X11/fvwm2

% cat ~/.xserverrc
exec X :0 -bpp 16

Should I be creating a new .x<something> file in my home directory?

My box resides in a secure intranet.  Does the default Debian
installation allow other folks using eXceed on WinDOS 95/NT in my
network connect to my machine via XDMCP-Broadcast?  Which files should I
modify to allow users in my intranet to connect to my machine (now you
see why I want to leave Fvwm95 as the system-wide default window
manager)?

S.
--
     "Marge, it takes two to lie.  One to lie and one to listen."
                       -- Homer J. Simpson