Re: apt - priorities?

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> > When you point apt's config file, sources.list, to more than one Debian
> > archive, is it possible make sure it uses a specific site when the same
> > version of a package is found on more than one site?
> >
> > Is it just the order in which you put the archives in the sources.list file?
>
> Yes. Put the one your prefer first.

maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I see _no_ difference at all that the
order in sources.list makes.  I've tried it both this way:

deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian unstable main contrib non-free

and this way:

deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian stable main contrib non-free

and either way, for all of the packages which are in both hamm and slink,
dselect wants to upgrade to the slink versions...

-brad