Re: Hard drive sriping

> Hi all,
>   I have an old 486 I am using to learn Linux (unix) on. I had a 250 Meg
> drive in it but it didn't have enough room for all the stuff I wanted. I
> put an old 240 Meg drive that was just laying around in it, but I don't
> know how to set them up to work as one drive. I saw something about
> drive striping and I installed the leaner drive module. I need to know
> how I should format the drives and how to make it think two drives are
> really one.

You should look at the `mdutils' package.  Some time ago someone else
asked about this, you might want to check out the mailing list archives.
I don't know if it is possible to use this for a root partition.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032