Re: gcc and egcs

On Sat, Aug 08, 1998 at 05:58:27PM -0230, Greg Starkes wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Liran Zvibel wrote:
> > The problem is that gcc is an ANSI C compiler, and you wanted to compile
> > a C++ program. I think that If you have just changed gcc to g++ ( the
> > GNU C++ compiler)  everything would have worked.
>
> I had no problem compiling this under bo...
>
> The problem seems to be with xmkmf finding the wrong things...

No. xmkmf is correct. If it had set CXX=gcc it would have been wrong. In
hamm, the compiler setup is somewhat more complex than in bo. Please read
the fine documentation; in this case /usr/doc/{gcc,g++}/README .

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would