proxies (with apt)

 My isp works through a firewall, so I have to use an ftp proxy. I've
tried setting it up the same way as the man page for sources.list says to
do for an http proxy, but it doesn't seem to want to connect. One of the
docs (I forget which) says that apt is very ftp-configureable, and to see
the ftp.conf man page. Unfortunately, this doesn't exist. Can anyone help
me out here?

Also, I've been kinda hanging out for a lynx which supports proxy
authentication. Does it yet?

Andrew Tarr
"We were so close to heaven --- Peter came out and gave us badges,
proclaiming us `The Nicest of the Damned'"
-- They Might Be Giants
___|
(http://multinet.co.nz/personalhomepages/locusmeus/antechamber.html)
~~~|