Missing toolbar icons on KDE for Debian Linux

Hi,

I installed KDE 1.0 on my Debian Linux 2.0 with the .deb packages from
ftp.us.kde.org and it worked find; except one thing: I get blurred
images instead of nice looking icons (i.e., the Up, Home, ... buttons)
on the toolbar in kfm. This problem occurs in some other applications,
too.

The .xsession-errors file showed the following message:
"KToolbarButton: pixmap is empty, perhaps some missing file"

I have tried copying .xpm files around (I don't know the exact file
names for these icons) in the /usr/share/app/.. directories but the
problem persists.

Has anybody come across this problem? Are the icons file really missing
from the packages? Or do I have to set some environment variables?

Have a nice day,
ST