Re: More than one window manager?

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, David Fletcher wrote:

> Is there any way to set up default window managers on a user by user
> basis?
>
> I would like to use a different window manager than I've trained my wife
> on, but she gets mad when I change how the computer "works" so I'd like
> to set it up so that when she logs on she'll get what she is used to,
> but when I log on I want to get whatever I was playing with last.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> David Fletcher

Use a .xsession or .xinitrc file in your wife's home directory.. put
something like so:  (This is mine, an .xsession file - You also have to
have "allow-user-xsession" in /etc/X11/config)

Oh yeah, make .xsession executable.

#!/bin/sh

# Put stuff here you want loaded each X session. (use a '&' after each
# item except windowmanager below)

# start windowmanager
exec [windowmanager]   <--- your wm, i.e.:  icewm, afterstep, kde etc...

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)