Re: bind name resolution hangs for non-root users ???

On: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:42:29 PDT Joseph Norton writes:

> I am having trouble with name resolution and non-root users.  For
> non-root users, name resolution simply hangs.
>
> I haven't been able to track down the source of the problem.  I'm
> sure that it is a simple fix, but I don't know where to start.

You might use strace to find the blocking system call.  If you used
nslookup for testing, do a "strace nslookup" and look for the final
lines of output if the process hangs.

BTW: I can't image of any reason for the behaviour you mentioned
above.  Very interesting problem.  Make sure you use nslookup for
testing.

	Torsten