Re: True Type fonts??

> On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 10:16:07AM +0200, Peter Granroth wrote:
> > > Has anyone got true type fonts to work in X?
> > [snip]
> > > Xfstt  serves  *ttf  fonts to one X11 server.  Start xfstt
> > >        then  tell  X11  about  the  font  server  with  xset  fp+
> > >        unix:/7100  or  (assuming  the  X11  server  runs  on host
> > >        127.0.0.1) xset fp+ inet/127.0.0.1:7100
> > >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I found the answer myself... (typical, isn't it? I try for hours and then ask
> > someone. Then almost directly I find it myself...) The trick was to change the
> > port number to 7101...
>
> yes...I could have sworn I changed most of the docs to say 7101 instead of
> 7100...where did you get 7100 from? did I miss something?

It said so loud and clear in the man page.

> btw you said [in previous message..which I just now read 5 mins ago]
> that you did xfstt --sync --dir /usr/share/font/truetype
> but...if you use the debina verwsion of xfstt, which is the only
> version which defaults to port 7100, is also the only version
> to default to /usr/share/fonts/truetype[1]

Yes, the man page also said that it defaulted to that dir, but I wanted to be
100% sure to get at least that part right. (of course, a little testing shows
that to be the case) (and yes I use the .deb xfstt)

> -Steve
>
> [1] I talked to Herbert Duerr about this (author) he agrees that /usr/ttfonts
> [the outside-debian default] is not a very good place for fonts but doesn't
> want to change it because of so many people already using it - I imagine
> he would say the same about moving it to port 7101...

+        Peter Granroth        +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+   mailto:granroth@linux.nu   +   Microsoft is the question   +
+    http://granroth.ml.org    +       The answer is NO        +