Installation of hamm on an old HP Netserver LM series

Hi all,

Recently we have upgraded our server platform.  So now I have plenty of HP
Netserver LM (P66 with 128+M RAM) to play with.  I would be very happy if
debian Linux could be installed on these machines :-)

However, I am not able to detect the SCSI harddisks.

It used to be a NT server, so I boot NT, and find the following info:
SCSI Adapter: AHA 274X/284X/777X
Raid Controller: Mylex DAC 960, SCSI Port 1, bus num 0

When booting from debian hamm rescue diskette, the following info shows:
(scsi 0) <Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI host adapter> found at EISA slot 9
....Twin channel, A SCSI ID 7, B SCSI ID 7, 4/255 SCBs
BIOS enabled, IO Port 0x9c00, IRQ 10
IO Memory at 0x0, MMAP Memory at 0x0
Resetting Channel B
Resetting Channel A
Downloading sequencer code ... 414 instructions downloaded

Then the machine hangs, Alt-F1, F2, F3 won't work at all.

I understand that currently there is no official Mylex support yet.  I also
know that someone has written a beta driver for Mylex.  But he has mentioned
the firmware version need to be 3.X.  I don't know what is mine:-(

Actually I don't need Raid support.  I would be very happy if Linux can just
use the 5 2-G harddisk as normal SCSI harddisks.

Any hints?  Or I have to give up?

There is no PCI slot on the machine, so cannot get another SCSI
controller....  And I believe it's almost to let the management put any more
money into it, unless there are some significant reward.

Pls help! 128M RAM, EISA bus, 5x2=10G hd, oh, kind of good system for linux.

Regards

Gong Wei (CCENet)