Building GUI and online graphics for an ocean turbulence model.

The following is really not a debian specific question, instead we ask
if somebody would like to contribute to a generel ocean turbulence model
- which ofcource would be freely available...so if interested in GUI
programming - read on.

We are two oceanographers working on a generel turbulence model for the
ocean. The model has in various versions already been used for
simulating different scenarios and different people have obtained the
code to use for their own research, resulting in some scientific papers.
We decided to unify the different model versions (and to make it easily
extendible) and have now more or less finished the programming of the
model itself.
In order to increase the useabillity  of the model for other people we
would like to add certain user friendly features:

1. GUI (to generate the name list (for historical reasons the model is
implemented in Fortran)- via radio bottons etc)
2. Online presentation of model results, we have implemented a very
rudimentary on-line system (using the plotutils package).
3. Module to do post-processing (mainly plotting X11, PS etc)

Our main problem with these tasks is that none of us are experienced in
these fields, so if anybody out there is interested in this kind of work
and wold like to contribute we would like to here from you and we will
supply more detailed information.

The model system is non-profit and for research use only - so what we
offer is only the the work to be done - and ofcourse proper recognition
of who did what.

How the implentation of the different tasks are done is completely up to
you - but we would like the system to be easily portable to other UNIX
systems (without having to install to many additional packages) - if its
possible also to service Windows users its and added benefit but
certainly not a requirement.

Yours
Karsten Bolding

Karsten Bolding,
CEC - Joint Research Centre, ISPRA      Direct: +39 (0)332 789314
Space Applications Institute            Sec.    +39 (0)332 789177
Marine Environment Unit, TP690          FAX:    +39 (0)332 789034
I-21020 Ispra(VA) - Italy               E-mail: karsten.bolding@jrc.it