where are pine and tin? (hamm)

I use Debian 2.0 and am missing pine and tin. I ftped the binary-i386 image soonafter it was released and those programs aren't on it. After having my network
stuff up and running I checked the contrib area on debian ftp servers but didn'tfind them there either. Why is that? Don't those two programs fit into Debian's
idea of "free" software or what?

It's not as bad as it could be, for I use mutt and slrn now, which I didn't knowbefore but I still like to have tin and pine on my system. Of course, I could
compile them on my own but I'd prefer deb files.