DNSs failure, (resolv.conf?) continued

Hi!
I've posted a msg yesterday about resolv.conf, and couldn't
get ahead with all the help.
I 'm attaching my resolv.conf, host.conf and nsswitch.conf
so you can help me more
specifically. I don't know how it is connected, but I still
use a default kernel, that boots things I don't need.  That
is very clear when at my chat with the ISP the pppd reports
that it can't find an ethernet card. please note that my
connection is perfectly alright apart from the DNS problem
(it doesn't work).

TIA.
sasha.
order hosts,bind
multi on
domain.tht.net
nameserver = 209.47.145.2
nameserver = 209.47.145.3

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# Information about this file is available in the `libc6-doc' package.

passwd:         compat
group:          compat
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns