Re: misdirected mail

Martin Schulze wrote:

> --
> Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!
>
>   ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: StarOffice
> Date: 6 Aug 1998 13:42:37 -0000
> From: Jarl Jensen <root@utopia.netset.dk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> I'm trying to install StarOffice on a Redhat 5.1 machine, but it will
> not work.
> I get a message like : line 1: syntax error at token 'I' .....
>
> I know that I have to some certain libraries, but does Redhat 5.1 not
> have the right libraries ?

You get that message because SO requires a higher version
of libc5 than the one that you have. I think SO
installation will become a pain for Hamm users as well for
that reason. Any ways, I saw a small howto about how to
install SO on redhat 5.x in freshmeat. Just go to
http://www.freshmeat.net and search for Star Office, then
sort results for date. You should find that  Howto
somewhere there.