Re: update of message about debian on toshiba laptop

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

> although i am not using a toshiba laptop, i am having similar problems
> w/ getting a thinkpad 770 ed to work.
>
> i also had this rebooting problem initially.  although i haven't
> gotten the rescue disk to finish booting, making a zimage on another
> debian machine and replacing the kernel image (named 'linux' on
> the rescue disk) has allowed my machine to get further in the booting
> process -- it now gets to the point where the root filesystem has
> been mounted read-only.  however, it stops after that saying:
>
>   "unable to open initial console"

I've also had to make my own kernel for a friends laptop, but considering
how unsupported the hardware was already, I didn't think anything of it.
There is a readme on the boot floppy (for those who don't know, you can
mount the boot floppy as a dos disk) that tells you what kernel options
are required.  Perhaps you forgot one of these?

> btw, do you know how to report bugs for the installation floppies?

There is a package, something like boot floppies.  Just look around for a
little bit in the packages file or in dselect and you should be able to
find it.

HTH,
Brandon