Re: libc6

Bryon Bridges wrote:

> I am trying to install Netscape Navigator on my system and it says it
> requires a file called libc6. Yet when I go to dpkg this file, it says it
> conflicts with libc5! I can't simply remove libc5 can I? Why would these
> two files be conflicting anyway? Your help is much appreciated.

	There's basically two things you can do.

	1) Go to http://ftp.netscape.com and get a copy of the navigator that
has been built with libc5 (I think they still keep both libc5 and libc6
versions).

	2) Upgrade your system to libc6.  This can't be done by simply dl'ing
libc6 and telling dpkg to install it.  There are several other things
that have to be done.  You should start with the HowTo that Ray pointed
you to.

--
Ed C.