simple points..........

>>>>> "phillip" == phillip Neumann <huevadas@hotmail.com> writes:

    phillip> Hi,
    phillip> Who can recomend me a good* program for ploting points ?? I want to show
    phillip> scientific data in a graphic form, and put it in a LaTeX doc.

    phillip> It could have some factures like title, axis text, cusomization of
    phillip> points (diamonds, circles, colors,...), regresion (fitting?) of many
    phillip> kinds, conecting lines, diferent fypes of lines (like ..... or -----),
    phillip> etc

    phillip> * the most important, it should plot a nice graph.
    phillip> Maybe there is one with a GUI...

Try GNU plotutils (NOT to be confused with gnuplot!).
It has several nice programs for plotting, plus a run time library
with 2d plotting utils to link into your programs directly.
There is a .deb for plotutils 2.0, but 2.1.4 is the latest version.

See
http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/plotutils.html

(actual package on one of the GNU mirrors referenced there, or direct
from ftp://platinum.math.arizona.edu/pub/plotutils-2.1.4.tar.gz).

--
Liam Healy
Liam.Healy@nrl.navy.mil