Re: daily thinkpad 770 ed post :-)

At around Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:52:16 -0700 (PDT),
 George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> may have mentioned:

> What kind of error are you getting?

for old hamm disks (i made these this may):

boot: linux floppy=thinkpad

[disk spins w/ no progress, top of the screen is partially blue]

for vanilla hamm disks dated 7/21:

boot: linux floppy=thinkpad

[nothing else is displayed -- things just hang -- same thing for when
i don't specify floppy=thinkpad]

for tecra hamm disks dated 7/21:

boot: linux floppy=thinkpad
A20 gating failed

[system hangs -- same thing for when i don't specify floppy=thinkpad]

(number of dots not precise :-) )

there was some information on A20 gating failing at:

  http://www.cck.uni-kl.de/misc/tecra710/linux-problem

this hasn't helped me fix things though.

-sen