multi dialing solution

Hi Debians,
Sometimes it is difficult for me to decide
does my question fit to this mailing list. This time I also have such
feelings... However, here is my question(s).

I want to gather some info abbout possible hardawre/software
solution about using linux for comunications via modem (or modems like
devices) when only one incoming phone number is available. What are the
standart ways of spliting the channel's bandwich, to allow accept many
calls at the same time.

Thanks forward for any tpis, points, idea...

Regards,

Eugene Sevinian