messages that jam mail readers

I have received several e-mails from this list that cause fetchmail to
stall.  There is something wrong with the individual e-mails, as Hotmail
can't quite handle them either. Although Hotmail retrieves them from the
POP server, the web browser stalls while displaying them.

I just deleted the first three (by hitting control C then typing
"fetchmail" again, then it regards the message as seen), but decided to
look at the last two and find out what was going on.  They're both from
this list, and both have "WYSIWYG Word Processor" as their subject.
What's more, both stall while loading after the lines "-----BEGIN GEEK
CODE BLOCK-----" and "Version 3.1"

I'm going to guess that this "geek code block" is responsible for the
problems, since both Hotmail and fetchmail have problems with the same
messages.  I'm not accusing anyone of doing this on purpose or anything.

I would like to stay on this list, but it's not worth putting up with
e-mail problems.  Please do your best to make sure that what you send is
not going to cause anyone problems.  If e-mail you have sent is the
culprit, you will be receiving e-mail from me politely asking you not to
jam up my e-mail and asking for information that will help me piece
together the cause of the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem with their mail?  Could someone who
understands what is causing this problem explain it to me?