Changing hamm?

Is all development work going into slink now? I'd really like to get a
couple of new things, kernel-source-2.0.35 in particular, but I don't
want to upset my very stable hamm system with slink stuff.

Seems like for "bo" when a new kernel came out it was only about a
week or so and you could find it all Debianized up in bo. Kernel
2.0.35 has been out for a couple of weeks at least and still nothing
in hamm. Why? Is this related to the fact that hamm was just so
recently released?

And what are the /debian/dists/sid and /debian/dists/stable-updates
directories?

Not complaining, just curious.

Gary