Re: Which debian?

Probably the most significant difference between Hamm and Bo is that almost all binaries in Hamm use glibc, and all the critical system binaries are glibc.

Personally, I've found debian to be a *much* better designed distribution than Redhat. The only difference is the initial installation of Debian is a little harder than Redhat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen E. Collins <stephen@mail.pinebelt.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 1998 12:25 PM
Subject: Which debian?

I have given up trying to get PHP3 running as a module in Apache 1.3.1
with sybase-ct support on my RedHat 5.1 machine.  Apache gives me a
segmentation fault upon startup.  I believe that glibc is at fault.  I'd
like to try another distribution instead of going back to RH4.2, which
uses libc5.

I know very little about the Debian distribution in general.  My
question: does hamm use glibc or libc5?  If it is glibc, is there a way
to compile PHP and Apache using libc5?

Thanks.