Re: PCMCIA modem problems after hamm upgrade

Just a little more info on this one: I have compiled all of the
requisite parts of the kernel, and I even compiled them in directly
rather than as modules, as I thought that might be part of the
problem.

> I have just upgraded from bo to hamm (which was quite a task -- I put
> in the wrong directory structure into dpkg-ftp and it completely
> corrupted my status file -- thank Gd for backups...).
>
> I've now updated all my packages to the versions in the stable hamm
> release, and have recompiled my kernel (2.0.34).  I have a laptop with
> a PCMCIA modem (Psion Dacom Gold 56K).  I have compiled my pcmcia
> utils to match the current kernel.  I have the latest versions of
> netbase, dip, ppp, etc.  However, when I try to connect to either my
> college (via SLIP) or my ISP (via PPP), the connection appears to be
> made with no problems (I use dip, with the same script I used before
> upgrading), but then the line is disconnected immediately.  So I can't
> connect to the outside world from home.  8-(
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions for how to fix this problem?  All help
> appreciated....
>
>    Julian

       Julian Gilbey                     Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences,