Re: log file rotation in hamm...

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Alan Su wrote:

: I just installed hamm, and I noticed that the log file rotation in
: /etc/cron.{daily,weekly}/sysklogd now uses a facility called
: syslogd-listfiles.  does anyone know how to change the periodicity
: with which logs are rotated?  most notably, i want to rotate syslog on
: a weekly, not daily basis, but it seems that there's no way to make
: syslogd-listfiles to do the right thing without munging
: /etc/syslog.conf in unspeakable ways.
:
: anyone got a solution?  thanks...

Comment out the following lines in /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd

for LOG in `syslogd-listfiles`
do
   if [ -f $LOG ]; then
      savelog -g adm -m 640 -u root -c 7 $LOG >/dev/null
   fi
done

(Try running `syslogd-listfiles' - you'll notice that "/var/log/syslog"
is the output)

If you don't want ANY logs rotated on a daily basis, remove
/etc/cron.daily/sysklogd, or add an "exit 0" to the beginning of that
file.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104