Re: No color in second xterm

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Mike wrote:
> > You need to set TERM=xterm-debian (as I discovered today).
> That did not seem to solve the problem.  One more strange thing that I
> notice is that my first xterm is always slightly bigger than subsequent
> xterms.  I have screen captures of the first xterm and later xterms at -
>
> http://www.aunet.org/thaths/color.gif   - First xterm
> http://www.aunet.org/thaths/no_color.gif - subsequent xterms

I just solved this problem (or rather, it solved itself).  I had the
following in my .tcshrc -

switch ($TERM)
	case xterm:
	case xterm-debian
	xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
	breaksw
	default:
	breaksw
endsw

I deleted that and things have been fine.  Why did *that* snippet cause
the problem?  I don't know.  It just did.

S.
--
"I really came on Godly.  I took taxicabs all over NY.  I tipped big
 because He would have.  I got into a fight with a guy and I forgave