Re: Help required SB16 PnP

On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 03:36:45PM -0600, Ehren Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> Yes, I believe you are right on every count, and I beleive that my awe64
> isn't fully functional, with this clarifications.  I'll have to get home
> to test the midi...  Ummm looking through your mini howto on the awe I
> only ran into one problem.  I don't have a /etc/init.d/boot.  Where would
> I add that little bit of script into if not there?  I am fairly new to
> linux and not sure of the order it runs all the boot scripts, or most
> names for that matter.

You are using Debian? No need to muck with the boot scripts. It is all
preconfigured for you!

Just add "sound" to /etc/modules and install the isapnptools package and
make "pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf". Edit the file (you have to add two lines
as shown in my howto). When you compile the sound support as module (with
the patch from the awe-drv package applied), all should work out of the box.

Mail me if you encounter any problems.

Marcus