----- Forwarded message from a CLUE leader -----

This may be of interest.  (Requires RealAudio.)

http://www.npr.org/programs/totn/archives/1998/scifricurrent.html

NPR's Talk of the Nation, July 24, 1998

ALTERNATIVE OPERATING SYSTEMS

GUESTS:

Larry Augustin
Co-Founder and President VA Research
Mountain View, California

Nicholas Petreley
Columnist NTWorld Japan
Contributing Editor InfoWorld
Hayward, California

Bill Joy
Co-Founder and Vice President for Research Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Aspen, Colorado

Jamie Love
Director Consumer Project on Technology
Washington, D.C.

Have you shopped for a PC lately? One without Windows? Not an easy
task. But there are alternatives to Microsoft's nearly ubiquitous
operating
system. In this hour, we'll talk about some of the options, and take a
look at
an entirely new kind of system.>.

----- End forwarded message -----