Re: Can less read its input from the stderr ? How ?

No you can't use the less command.  To switch stdout with stderr do
# ln -s /dev/stdout /dev/stderr

or the other way around.  I'm not sure which way you like it (Perhaps
because i have no idea why you want to do that.)

shaul@rakefet.debian.org wrote:

> Supose I have a program that output long text to stderr. Can I use the less
> command to page in it ? How ?
> Can I switch the stdout with the stderr ?
>
> --
begin:          vcard
fn:             Joel  Keating
n:              Keating;Joel
org:            Wisconsin Electric Power Company
adr;dom:        W237 N1500 Busse Rd.;;;Waukesha, WI 53188;;;
email;internet: we7394@wepco.com
title:          Information Resources Consultant
tel;work:       (414) - 544 - 7256
tel;fax:        (414) - 574 - 6080
tel;home:       (414) - 697 - 3477
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;-1360