Re: samba printing problems

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> Turn off print spooling on the Win machine. I forget exactly the proce
> dure for this on Win3.1, it has been to long.  It thinks it is printing
> to a local printer and is sending the data in chunks to the printer,
> which is fine for a directly connected printer.  The Win machine does
> not need to spool, that is what lpr is for.

I don't think print spooling is on.  The "Use Print Manager" checkbox, is
off.  That was un-checked before this all started, so if that is how print
spooling is turned off, that wasn't the problem.

I have some new symptoms that might make good brain candy for anyone who
understands this:

It has NEVER had a problem printing from Netscape 3.x.  The problem always
crops up when I'm trying to print a .PCX (screen-shot) file from
Paintbrush.

Since Netscape 3.x doesn't seem to like .PCX files or .BMP files, I
haven't found a way to load the image in Netscape and print it from there,
or I'd try that and see what happens.