Re: Mounting Win95 Shares with samba

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Cesar Talon wrote:

 : I would like to mount (if possible) a win95 shared directory under
 : debian.  I'm not sure, but I think that could be done with smbmnt. Am I
 : wrong?

That's possible indeed.

 : Anyway I haven't been able to do it via smbmnt/smbmount. I think that one
 : must prepare a mount point via smbmnt and then mount the share with
 : smbmount, however I don't know how.
 :
 : Any help? examples?

Make sure the mount point /mnt/samba (or something else) exists.
Now do

$ smbmount //server/share /mnt/samba -I 1.2.3.4

After -I, you can specifiy the IP-number of the server, if smbmount cannot
find the server without specifying it.

Good luck,
 -Remco