Re: any risk in using /home/root

-> there's one other small cosideration that I can think of.  While I don't
-> do this, I know some people keep scripts/binaries for sysadmin use in
-> /root.  If any of these are suid then you'll have a problem if you mount
-> /home as nosuid (something that I do).  I sometimes have an suid program
-> in /root if I'm trying out a new version of a system utility (mount, for
-> example).  This type of thing can be difficult to find. (As you can tell,
-> I got burned by this once :-).

hmmm maybe i'd mount /home as noexec too... users could hate it cause it
would prevent from using scripts and e.g. links to ssh (like
fantomas.fantomas.sk. -> /usr/bin/ssh which would call ssh to
fantomas.fantomas.sk) but that might be security advantage...imo

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz