Re: Balsa.................

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, phillip Neumann wrote:

> Im trying to compile Balsa, a gnome-email program. But i have some
> troubles. Is "balsa" avaible as a debian package?? If not how can i
> compile it? It trought me the folowing message after doing make:

Looks like you don't have Gtk installed. This is a bad sign. :-) Balsa and
the rest of Gnome is very alpha software, and you are going to have to do
a lot of reading docs and know something about automake/autoconf,
libraries, headers, gcc options and environment variables. If you aren't
interested in development you are probably better off just waiting a
while. Balsa is not useful for reading email yet.

(This is why there's no Debian package.)

> Should i get some libs fisrt?? I have : gnome-core, desktop, media,
> panel and terminal. Also imlib
> 1.7 with imlib-dev and base.....

You should probably read the directions on www.gnome.org. You will need
glib, gtk+, and gnome-libs, the three core gnome libraries.

> PS:  ahhhh, other quick question what is gnome-desktop for??

??? What do you mean? desktop-properties? desktop-links?

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp