Printing problems

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve a printing prblem
I have got?

I have an HP LaserJet 4L. If I do
lpr textfile.txt
then it works fine. However, printing in lyx appears to work fine,
but nothing is printed  :-(

If I export the document first and then use dviprint, then this
happens:

I do this:\n\nian@Tiptop:~/p$ dviprint -Phplj4l xds.dvi
This is dvips(k) 5.78 Copyright 1998 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 1998.07.26:2109' -> /tmp/00591aaa
<texc.pro>. [1]
ian@Tiptop:~/p$ ls -l /tmp
total 0
ian@Tiptop:~/p$

but still nothing prints  :-(

Here is my /etc/printcap:

#
# Copyright (c) 1983 Regents of the University of California.
# All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
# provided that this notice is preserved and that due credit is given
# to the University of California at Berkeley. The name of the
University
# may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
# software without specific prior written permission. This software
# is provided ``as is'' without express or implied warranty.
#
#       @(#)etc.printcap        5.2 (Berkeley) 5/5/88
#
# > This file was generated by /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig. <
#
lp|lj|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Thanks in advance
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://home.sol.no/~balchen/igloo/

Save your money - someday it may be worth something.