Re: "Free" Interbase

Mike Barton wrote:

> It may "appear" free but you ought to have a look at the license
> agreement. It says RedHat *only*. License agreements like this are good
> reasons to *avoid* software. So, InterBase, make what you can when you
> can but NOT from me.

It gets worse:

``You may install and use the Software or the foregoing components provided
  that (1) the Software is used only with the Red Hat Linux 4.2 operating
  system,''

Version 4.2?  Who would even uses that any more...
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada