Re: Check deb-Paket?

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 11:31:35AM +0200, Michael Taeschner wrote:
> Wie ueberpruefe ich auf der Kommandozeile die Integritaet von
> .deb-Paketen?
>
> Die man-pages (uralt) sagen, dass es keine Checksumme gaebe...

That is correct: the packages themselves do not contain checksums.

> Dann frage ich mich aber, wie dselect nach ftp die heruntergeladenen
> Pakete prueft bzw. wie Maintainer ihren ftp-Mirror checken?

Dselect uses the "Packages"(.gz) files that are found on the FTP mirrors;
these files do contain MD5 checksums for the .deb files.

So you can check .deb files manually by comparing the output of "md5sum
foo.deb" to the md5sum in the Packages file.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking