Re: installing without a floppy?

ok, if i may be flippant for a moment, i had a thought about this.
the installation instructions have this to say about installing from a
DOS partition:

1.Get the following files from your nearest Debian ftp mirror and put
  them into a directory on your DOS partition: resc1440.bin,
  drv1440.bin, base2_0.tgz, root.bin, linux, install.bat and
  loadlin.exe.
2.Execute install.bat from that directory in DOS.
3.skip down to Installation .

install.bat simply calls loadlin to load the linux kernel with the
magic incantations to set up the installtion RAM disk and such.

what if i did the following:

1. Put resc1440.bin, drv1440.bin, base2_0.tgz, root.bin, and linux
   into a directory /hamm-install
2. add a new entry into /etc/lilo.conf with:
   image=/hamm-install/linux
   initrd=/hamm-install/root.bin
   root=/dev/ram
3. continue with the installation?

will this work?  (the goal being to install hamm on this system with
no working floppy drive, while preserving the existing bo
installation.)

thanks for your help!

-alan