Re: good digital clock for x?

the lone gunman wrote:

> Hello -- are there any deb packages that have a digital clock that I
> can swallow in an x module (specifically, FvwmButtons)?  I'd prefer
> one that does military time, and perhaps the date, too :)

I use dclock. I got it off the CD that came with O'Reilly's X User
Tools. Written long ago by by Dan Heller <argv@sun.com>. If you can't
find it I could send it to you.

I've attached a tiny jpg file for all to see. Maybe somebody will want
to package it ;-).

Here is part of the README file:

When the program is running and the mouse is in the window, you can type
the following keys:

    r -- toggle reverse video
    s -- toggle seconds display
    b -- toggle the bell to ring on half hours
    j -- toggle jump or smooth scrolling
    d -- toggle date string display
    m -- toggle military (24hr) time format
    a -- toggle the alarm clock
    f -- toggle fade
    q -- quit

To set the alarm time, use the third mouse button and click on the
digits till the time is set correctly.  Alarm time is set in 24-hour
format to distinguish between am and pm.  If there is an asterisk on the
same line as the date, then the alarm is set.  Use the 'a' key to set
the alarm.

typical uses:

    # set alarm for noon
    dclock -fg green -gb black -alarmTime 12:00 -alarm

    # set date string and have bell go off on hour/half-hour intervals
    dclock -date "Today is %W, %M %d" -fg yellow -bg brown -bell

    # set date more simply, use 24-hour military time format and display
secs
    dclock -date "%w, %m %d" -miltime -seconds

--
...RickM...

JPEG image