RE: Lan Tcp/ip Question

Do you have the IP-Masquerade / IP-Firewall package installed? (I forget
the actual name.)  I had similar problems after installing the ipmasq
tools.  Seems the install scripts set up a really strict rules set to
protect the Linux machine from attack over the net.  The rules were so
strict I couldn't get my windows machine (or any other) to talk to my
Linux box via IP.  I changed the firewall rules and that fixed the problem
for me.  You may need to experiment with the rules to get a set that works
for you (or sacrifice the security benefits and change the default policy
to allow - not generally a good thing).

>From what you posted the network setup look ok, and your ethernet card is
seeing traffic (so it is apparently configured correctly).

Good Luck,

Pat