D2.0 on Tosh 460CDT pcmcia questions?

Hi.  I'm trying to make an install of Debian 2.0
on a Toshiba 460CDT and the install goes OK
except for the pcmcia stuff.  I'm using the tecra
disks, the system is up and running but the following
errors regarding pcmcia are present on boot:

pcmcia_core.o	unresolved symbol apm_unregister_callback_Rb7166c6e
pcmcia_core.0	unresolved symbol apm_register_callback_R4e72ac41
i82365.o   unresolved symbol unregister_ss_entry
i82365.o   unresolved symbol register_ss_entry
i82365.o   unresolved symbol CardServices
ds.o   unresolved symbol CardServices

There is obviously something that I've missed that I
haven't yet been able to find in the documentation.

Are there any suggestions?  This is my first venture
into pcmcia equipment.

thanks,
--
tony mollica